Monday, August 23, 2010

Starting demographics...

Age: 33 (though prefer to say 26 as it doesn't hurt as much) - won't change during the program


Gender: Male - this definitely won't change during the program


Location: Lower North Shore, Sydney, NSW (with a lovely reserve for training by the water only a couple of minutes away - excuses...fading...fast) - no plans for moving this year


Support crew: Wifey - she's put up with me this long doubt this'll change either


Height: 5'10" (or 178cm) - again, not likely to change


Weight: not sure - clearly too much.  Am guessing around 100-105kgs - this better change, a drop of around 25-30 would make me smile lots, but any drop is clearly better than nothing (and a hell of a lot better than an increase!)


Goals: (in no order)


  • complete City2Surf (walking): 2hr 16mins - something to beat next year!
  • improved fitness level
  • weight loss (as much as I can)
  • improved self-confidence
  • complete a couple of fun runs this year
Edit - this program couldn't have come at a better time for me!  I was at a crossroads - having resigned from a reasonable job in April and spending the last 4 months switching between PhD study and looking for a job, I have only JUST secured a new job (that I'm well looking forward to!).  The program is due to finish only days before we head off to Africa for a few weeks (trekking and such...and snorkelling!).  Throughout the program there are a couple of fun runs that Wifey and I are hoping to do as well.  It's definitely all go :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment