Monday, December 6, 2010

12WBT +77

Don't ever let anyone tell you that going to a PT session with a head cold is a good idea.  It's not.  Woke up this morning to a row of aching teeth (obviously due to blocked sinuses).  Certain movements aggravate the pain - most of the activities that PT set forth fell into this category.  At the end, I had to say no to the boxing.  I find that, at the best of times, my hands get too hot in the gloves and this sends my core temp through the roof and I start feeling very, very sick.  Today, my head was pounding and I felt too hot so I was the boxing bag for Wifey instead.  Methinks she enjoyed it more than she should've - lol.  Anyhow, with the walk there and home, as well as the session, I burnt off another 1050 calories.  Go me (except that this has been about my limit for the last week - oopsies).


While walking home from the PT session, Wifey and I were talking about the program and wondering how many people would go hell for leather in the last week, just to shed as much as they can before the wind up party.  I don't think there'll be too many, but there'll most likely be a few.  To be fair, a few weeks ago I would've considered it too.  Now, however, I don't think it's the way to go.  I want to do something sustainable and busting a gut in the last leg isn't going to give me what I want - not in the long-term, anyhow.


Once we got home, it was a matter of quick showers and then out to a few shops - we were having a friend over for dinner and had to get a few things.  I don't think we've ever moved so quickly!  Makes a huge difference when you know exactly what you want and how much time you don't have ;)


In the end, our diets went out the window.  We had a couple of small croissants for brunch and then roast lamb with veggies for dinner.  There was also a bit of picking at sweets in there too.  Oops.  I don't think we were too bad though, which is good.  I know that a few months back, I would've been a lot worse.


Even though it was a day full of bad food and laziness, it was a relaxing day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment