Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12WBT +80

After opting to sleep in the spare room (to save Wifey another sleepless night), I woke this morning feeling a bit better, but not enough so that I felt I should go to work.  In fact, I felt that I should go and see a doctor (which for me is the absolute of last resorts).  Yay!  I have sinusitis.  I bet you're jealous of that.  Have a couple of boxes of antibiotics to take for the next few weeks (including when we're over in Africa, bugger it all).  On the plus side, I do feel better.


Being sick is helping me lose weight, too.  Had a quick sneak on the scales and was bloody surprised - won't say what it was, but needless to say, if it's even 500g more than what it was, I'm going to be the happiest camper around for a while to come :)


I'm pleased, also, to report the safe return of my appetite.  Around 3pm I decided I was peckish.  Luckily I had prepared lunches for Wifey and I last night (chicken & grape salad - yum).  Was very contented with that.  Bring on dinner, I say - lol.  Dinner was nice - we adapted it to beef (for those of us who are a tad fussy).


Ironically, it was around the time my appetite came back that my head stopped aching as much...and my general demeanour changed.  I did the ironing (worst chore in the world, ever), threw a couple of loads of laundry on, and did some weeding of the garden (if you saw the size of our garden you'd laugh at me even saying that - haha).  The downside is that Wifey sent me a text saying she's got a sore throat.  It was bound to happen (her being a teacher and it being the end of the school year and all), but I can't help but feel just a little bit guilty (just a little, mind).


Did the 1km time trial and came in 3 seconds better than the last time.  Either it's still the effects of the cold, or maybe I've just peaked for the time being?  Dunno, but overall it's over 1 minute better than the first one.  Who'd have ever have thunked it?



No comments:

Post a Comment