Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12WBT +79

Ugh.  When I woke up this morning it was decided that I would not be going to work.  I had a terrible night's sleep, which is most unusual for me.  I was tossing and turning, coughing, hot and cold.  I guess I had a fever that decided to break.  I would wake up for a few minutes and then fall asleep again.  Around 10.30am I couldn't stay in bed any longer (though perhaps I should've).  I got up and had a shower - this usually makes me feel more alive.  Not today though.


Pretty much spent the day sleeping off and on until mid-arvo.  What a waste of being at home on a sunny day :(


What is annoying me about this is I need to do the fitness test for the program by Wednesday.  If'n I'm not healthy by then, my results are going to be shite and I don't really want that.  


So.  Had a crack at the fitness test (except the run - save that for tomorrow when I'm back to normal).  I did better at everything - except the sit ups, which I equalled (can't get to #4 to save myself!).  Press ups were only marginally better, but given I cheated and put my knee down for a couple of seconds to let the throbbing in the head pass, I's a happy camper.  Here's hoping I can knock off at least 20 seconds from the 1km run.  I might be kidding myself here, but we'll see.


Had no appetite and only picked at dinner (read: couple of slices of zucchini and a couple of cherry tomatoes).  I did, however manage the trifle we had for dessert.  I think because my teeth are sore, chewing or hot food is not appealing.  Trifle did the trick :)  Aside from that, all I had was a slice of cold lamb.  This is so not me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment