Tuesday, November 16, 2010

12WBT +58

As I was having another lazy day (dear God, just shoot me now!), I was mucking about on the 'puter - iTunes to be exact and threw it on random shuffle.  What was the first song that came up?  Yup.  Robbie Williams' Lazy Days.  All I could do was groan.  Even iTunes was picking on me for being lazy ;)  I don't often pay attention to the lyrics of songs - I might know them as I'm (badly) singing along to them, but ask me what they are without the song playing in the background and you'll end up with a blank, expressionless look (most likely followed with a shrug and a mutter that may or may not resemble 'I don't know').


Anyhow, today I listened.  As I did so, I was thinking about why I have lazy days.  It's sometimes because I'm knackered for whatever reason.  More often than not I think it's because I'm having a bummer day - I think it was last week that I called it a 'fat day'.  Whatever I call it, I'm sure it's the reason I have a lazy day.  So, the lyrics in this song seemed to resonate with me for whatever reason:

     Lazy days, don't let them get you down
     Wear your smile
     I don't want to see you frown
     Don't let them get you down


I guess, next time I'm having a lazy day (or days) I should just brighten up and build that bloody bridge (or find 20c to call someone who cares ;) ), get up off my arse and do something.  No ifs.  No buts (note: buts - not butts ;) ).


Brekkie: rolled oats, strawberries & blueberries and yoghurt (with cinnamon and linseed, of course).  I was going to have Special K...but for some odd reason stuck with rolled oats.  Just to be different (for me).  Am so loving breakfasts now.  A few weeks ago I wouldn't have thanked you for it (well, I would've.  I'm not completely rude - just have my moments).  Now.  Mmm.


Lunch: carrot & ricotta wrap.  The problem with this is that it needs to be assembled at work and I can't be bothered with that.  Doing it the night before (or even the morning of) makes for a very soggy wrap.  Tasty, but soggy.  Maybe I should try wringing the carrot out first?  Should've thought about that earlier, huh? ;)


Dinner: pizza.  Can't go wrong with this.  The bonus for us was that we found a wholemeal base :)  Me, being fussy and all, didn't want olives (disgusting creatures they are) so popped some onion on instead.  Tasted good to me.  Perhaps I'm not as fussy as I once was?  Oh no, not another change in me!?


While on the topic of change, I've found I'm getting rather vain.  I keep looking to make sure all my chins are disappearing (not all of them, I'd be happy being down to just one - the bone one).  One of the women at work even commented today about losing some of the weight around my face.  I didn't think it was that noticeable, but now that I'm checking every few minutes (slight exaggeration)... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment