Thursday, September 23, 2010

12WBT +4

Following a day of forgetfulness yesterday, I started the day off by forgetting my banana for brekkie :(  The rest of it was top notch though :)  As was lunch!  I'm loving the wraps - especially today's one (as it wasn't as soggy as the ones on Mon & Tues).


Was talking to one of the girls at work about exercise today (only 'cos she was heading out to the gym for a session).  Turns out there's a 5.6km run on November 10 and they're thinking of getting a group from work entered.  Hello!  Sign Wifey & I up, said I.  I then mentioned about the 10km fun run on November 7 - looks like we might be getting a team ready for that, too!  This is scary stuff for me.


This morning was weigh-in day.  I really don't enjoy this part of the game.  The scales and I don't see eye-to-eye at all.  I think they object to me standing on them and I object to them telling me what I weigh ;)  Since I last weighed myself, I've lost the grand sum of nothing.  That's right.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  0.  What Paddy shot at.  *sigh*  Let's hope the 105.2kgs, that the scales gleefully spits at me, drops back a wee bit next week!  Was funny - Wifey said that she thought I'd lost a wee bit of my tummy when I got up.  I laughed at her.  Turns out I was right.  I am going to tell myself that 0 weight loss is better than even 0.1 gain!  At the end of the day, even if I don't lose weight (which I can't see happening), I will be gaining a better (and healthier) lifestyle - and slightly improved fitness, especially if I keep up the enthusiasm for fun runs.


Our exercise plan worked out quite well for Wifey and I.  Mish said a 30min power walk with 7 short jogging spurts.  PT told us we had to do something similar as our homework - except using benches etc for resistance.  What did we do?  Well, we combined them.  Jogging & resistance.  What more could we ask for? :)


We did a 15min power walk through the bush track on our doorstep, then ran 1km (about 750m was bush track, the rest was just on the reserve).  The was followed up with some lunges & sumo squats and then a power walk back home - all up, only around 45mins.  When we got home we did some press ups and a plank (and I even managed to last a minute doing it - not a lot, but a good start).  


Dinner was nice today - though next time we might halve the recipe.  There was an awful lot of it.  Might use more chilli, too - just to add more flavour to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment