Wednesday, September 1, 2010

12WBT -19

Phew - now that I'm back working, keeping up with the blogging is a bit more of a challenge (as evidenced by all the relatively short entries posted en masse - they were written but just not tweaked and fit for publishing...not that they were as good as I'd planned).  I shall, however, endeavour to plod on with it.  It is, after all, a challenge ;)


Exercise consisted of getting the ol' boxing gloves out again and gave them a good dusting.  Poor old body wasn't 100% sure what was going on...but at least it's getting easier :)  Was enjoyable...until Wifey suggested doing sit-ups between each rep.  To me, a sit-up is what I do when I have to move from the lying position ;)  These are not my forte...yet.


Sat down and put down in text my goals for the next 12 months (per pre-season task 3).  They've been something I've thought about long and hard over the last couple of weeks - especially the last week.  Most of the goals are to do with losing weight (God knows my belly's not going to get up and leave me just yet...) and getting into some running (don't panic - it won't be an earthquake, just me pounding the pavement).  The end of the 12WBT coincides with our trip to Africa...where I want to go back snorkelling (something not done in a wee while due to my self-consciousness).


Another of my goals is to get a personal trainer within 6 months.  Mentioned that to Wifey and she said that her personal trainer could train us both...at a reduced rate.  The Scottish blood in me started to flow with force - saving money - sweet as!  Let's do it!  Wifey'll have a chat to PT and see how things go.  Watch this space :)


Last night's dinner: Sumac chicken with couscous & spinach.

The Book of General Ignorance fact: Goldfish apparently don't have three-second memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment