Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Commit me!

Oopsies - someone forgot to publish his commitment as part of the pre-season task.  It was started - just not fleshed out (unlike me, who is well fleshed out...hence the 12WBT ;) ).  So.  Here 'tis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
An ode to commitment (AKA: 12WBT Commitment)

Commitment.  Considered a big word by many.  Considered a bloody huge word by many men ;)  I've made one big commitment (and surviving the first 13 months of that one hasn't harmed me) so today I shall make another.

To Wifey,
Though I should say I'm doing this for you, I can't.
I'm doing it for me.
I'm doing it for us.
For now.  For whatever the future may hold.
I've committed to you on our wedding day.
It's now time to commit to another huge change to my life.
I trust you'll support me in this as you support me day to day.
The following is my pledge and commitment to change;
to change my lifestyle for the best.

No longer will I look for the sweet treats.
No longer will I munch.
No longer will I laze about.
No longer will seconds be had.
I will watch what I eat - avoiding the 'bad' things.
I will be more active - including PT sessions each week.
I will focus on improving overall fitness.
I will do this not because I feel I have to; but because I want to.

These are not for the short-term.
These are for the long-term.
I want us to have a healthy, active life.
I want us to have a healthy, active family.
If I don't make a change for the best now - I don't know if I ever will.

Let's move forward together - happy, healthy & actively!

No comments:

Post a Comment