Monday, September 27, 2010

12WBT +8

Since Friday was a day off, & I didn't do Super Session Saturday, & had slight over indulgence on Sat night - SUPER SESSION SUNDAY!  As the young 'uns say, W00t.  


Got up first thing and did the 45min Biggest Loser Calorie Killer DVD.  Some tumshie went and forgot to put their HRM on so wasn't able to keep track of the calories burnt.  Grr.  It was a good session - felt fairly knackered (not literally, of course) at the end of it.  Again, I'm not doing all the exercises proper good like, but I'm doing the best I can - and the only way to go from here is up (i.e. improvement!).  It's good to have something to work towards.


Wifey and I went through all the menus and such for the week.  Once again, it looks as though we have a lot of what was on the shopping list in the cupboards - save all the fresh goodies and a few other bits & pieces.  All good.  


In the evening, Wifey and I went for an hours walk - wasn't at the pace I would've liked but (a) Wifey would be running (or at least doing a fast jog to keep up with me), (b) Wifey has just finished term 3 and was very tired, and (c) the pitfall of exercising is agonising pain (more to come).  I did, however, learn from the mistakes of the past...well, from in the morning, anyhow.  I put on my trusty HRM (which I have come to love...but then, it's a gadget and gadgets & I are good friends).  After the walk, to my pleasant surprise, I had burnt off about 525 calories.  One can only imagine what it would be like if I was going at my pace!  Can't wait to give it another crack - with the HRM.  I have to admit, there are quite a few hills on the walk which help matters.


As mentioned above, the pitfall of exercise is pain.  Oh dear God.  My legs were fair killing me.  I thought the day before was bad - nowhere near as bad as the pain I felt when I woke up today.  I struggled through the DVD - puzzled as to why or how my legs didn't feel as though they were that sore.  Odd how the body works.  Very odd.  One of life's wee mysteries.


Another shock: the first week is over.  Eleven weeks left.  I do fear that this week has lulled me into a false sense of security...  It can't be this easy.  If a fatty-boom-boom can be saying that, it must be true!  I somehow feel that the meals in week 2 don't look quite as substantial as in the first week.  Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks with me?  Maybe my body is doing that to punish me for starving it?  For making it work harder than it has...ever?  Or maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit too much - haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment