Thursday, October 7, 2010

12WBT +18

It's heeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee.


Everybody's favourite day of the week.


Let's hear it, kiddies - weigh-in Weds is upon us!!!


I stood in the bathroom wondering.  Should I do it?  Face the music?  Or should I just chicken out and make up the weight I feel like I am.  It's not like anyone would notice, is it? ;)


I braved it.  Twice.  The first time I thought I mis-read it in my haste to get off.  The second time confirmed it.  I lost weight.  Wifey was bang on the money...almost.  She said I'd lost weight but did I believe her?  Nope.  Maybe I should start ;)  A loss of 3.1kgs (so far 4.3kg or 4.1% gone).  I was blown away.  Just goes to show, I don't yet know my own body (though did think I started the program around 105kgs without having weighed myself at the time, so that wasn't a bad guess).


Made for a good day - especially since I wasn't overly happy with the lunch set out for us.  Not happy at all.  Hardly worth even eating anything.  Okay, to be fair, it wasn't until I got home from work and went for a power walk with Wifey that I decided I was feeling more peckish than I had thought.  Mind over matter.


Mish has put in one of my all time favouritist dishes - in the world - ever - on the menu.  Risotto.  Wifey used to ask what I felt like for dinner and I would enthusiastically reply, RISOTTO.  I could eat it every night...but in moderation now, of course :)


As I was watching Mish's live video a thought went through my head (I am savouring it, don't worry).  Does Mish go through the blogs?  Does she have little 'spies' doing it?  (By 'spies' I mean sidekicks or helpers - nothing derogatory.)  Clearly she can't read them all - there are a heck of a lot of them going on (and I must confess, I do enjoy reading other people's and reading of their journey).


Okay.  So I went nosing around the forums.  I started off there with a hiss and a roar at the beginning, but now I very rarely go in.  Why?  Because there's too much going on - a lot of it isn't really relevant to me (seems to be a huge emphasis in there on (a) women's issues or (b) kids/families - there isn't really a "space" for me).  Another reason, and this is going to sound really rude, is that a topic thread may be started and people just go right of on tangents that are so not related...when they could just start their own thread.  I guess I'm like this in real time, too.  I much prefer blending in and saying very little.  Could be why I blog - I can write what I like and not care whether people are reading or not 'cos at the end of the day I'm really only doing it for myself.  
Anyhow, I've gone off on one of those tangents mentioned above...  It's great to see so many people achieving their goals, though seeing some people who, to me, are sticks in the first place wanting to lose 10kgs etc is rather off-putting.  I put down in the pre-season task that "gyms are for fit people, not fat people".  Being a fatty, I don't feel comfortable around people who really have no real reason in my mind to complain about their bodies - but do.  Consider it jealousy ;)


Don't mind me grumbling.  It happens often ;)  People just ignore me.  I accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment