Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12WBT +23

The weekday alarm is a cruel invention, can I just say.  It was a real case of dragging ourselves out of bed.  Once I got going, it wasn't so bad.  


Because we'd been away, we hadn't looked ahead to the menus and such for this week.  Needless to say, there was a bit of a mad panic trying to guess what was for brekkie and lunch.  I settled with my much enjoyed Special K with blueberries, LF Greek yoghurt, ground linseed and cinnamon for brekkie.  Lunch was a bit more a case of slim pickin's.  Rather than deciding to be terribly bad - or to just give up and grab something in town - I grabbed the last of the corn thins (a whole 3 of them).  That was it!  You know what, I still didn't feel hungry at the end of the day - okay, a wee bit peckish by the time we had dinner (around 9.30pm!), but nothing like I used to feel.


When I got home, I did 25mins of the Cardio Killer DVD.  That managed to knock about 370cals off.  I then wandered up to St Leonards for the 1km run (not looking forward to it at all).  Met Wifey there (my trusty timekeeper!) and went off and did that.  I kept the HRM on during my walk there (and back) as well as while I was running - of course.  All up, it was an extra 50mins of walking/running - much at a steady pace - and another 600cals gone.  Nearly 1000cals.  I feel I want to break the 1000 mark soon.  Was meant to do the rest of the measurements etc but we had to get this week's groceries...cook dinner...catch up on the laundry...get ready for the next day so it really didn't happen.  As mentioned, Monday Pizza didn't happen until quite late in the evening.  Did, however, make the soup for the lunches - that was a major achievement (even more so than the calorie killing).


Fingers crossed this week gets easier.  I feel quite flat at the moment.  Mostly due to being tired - not as a result of the program (EP doesn't handle late nights very well any more - his body punishes him by waking up at dumb-ass o'clock in the mornings).  Over all, 1/4 of the way into the program, I'm feeling really good about things!  Am hoping that there's another round next year (to burn of the Christmas calories - though, we'll be on safari so hopefully I won't be putting on too much, if any, weight!).  I have in my head that I'd like to be 75kgs.  I still have another 25 to go.  Wifey thinks that I'll look really odd being that weight.  Perhaps I'll take her advice and get to a more achievable weight (say, 90kgs) and then work on toning all the flabby bits - then look at dropping more.  I don't know.  The thought of being trim appeals...but then, so does the thought of being trim without all the flabby bits.  Such a dilemma.  Thin people have such an easy life ;) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment